Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Help!!! Lindsey is back!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    A couple months ago I got a Lindsey from ebay. She was adult owned and in near perfect shape. However I got her at very good price since she had an eye problem.
    I sent her to the hospital for a head replacement. Her eyelids were peeling for no apparent reason and they replaced her head at no cost.
    When she got home she had a spot on her right cheek where the tiny "get well" balloon had stuck to her face during the trip back.
    I kept her at home for a couple of weeks debating what to do, and during all this time, I never bonded to her. Somehow she was always "blah" compared to Miaoshi or Rhada (I don't compare her to the historicals since, for me, they are a different "game")
    So I decided to sell her and I wanted her to be perfect. I called AG and they told me they would replace the head again.
    So I sent her to the hospital again.
    She came back yesterday and here is where my troubles start!
    Now I look at her an my heart melts!
    But we could use the $$ at home (DH is unemployed)
    But what if I want her want her want her in a couple of years and have to pay through my nose to get her?
    Yes, but it was supposed to be a doll for sale.
    Well, but I got her instead of Kailey because I liked her face and cute eyes.
    OK, but you got yourself a signed Lissie and you were going to pay for her in part by selling Lindsey.
    Sure, but she would add nicely to my diversity collection.

    And it goes on and on...


    I even took pictures to list her on ebay! but somehow I cant!!!

    HELP!!!!!

    Ana [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    NO! Don't! You will miss her forever and ever.Even if you DO get another someday, she might not be as lovely.Follow your heart on this one- Keep her.

    When I have to sell something, I do the math and I look at it.If you sell her, you might buy one load of groceries, or pay one bill- then it is just gone.I would keep her untill I had no choice but to sell her, if I were you. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That would be a very hard thing to do! Is there anything else you could auction instead of her? Maybe a doll that is not so hard to find and rare? I know you would get more for Lindsey, but think it through because you may kick yourself someday for letting her go.. but on the other hand I know what its like to make sacrifices to pay bills! :/

  4. #4
    Inactive Member erick0808's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2004
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am not the best person to talk to. I have been wanting Linsey for along time. I finally got her just a couple of days ago.

    I would not get rid of her. She will never lose her value and she will be harder and way more expensive to buy as the years go by. If anything think about it for a few more days and if you are still up in the air, keep her. Kim

  5. #5
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last year I really needed money... I actually put my never removed from box Kailey on ebay.. until the last 2 days of the auction... I looked at her and her big brown eyes staring at me and just KNEW I would have to find another way to make some money.. I could NOT sell her and I am so glad that I did not go through with it!!!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You know... sometimes the best thing you can do is put something in writing to see it a bit more clear (obviously, with a little help from my friends! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] )

    I just read what you gals say and I believe you have a point: it is not like she is perishable. her value will remain and I can always sell her later if things do not improve.
    In the meantime, I have other dolls ready for sale and will start with those.
    And also, I got offer to do some extra hours at work, which will pay in a month what I may be (may be) able to get out of selling Lindsey...

    May be I need to trust that the universe will provide the needed income, and keep Lindsey in the meantime...

    Thanks for listening!
    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does her new body tag say GIRL or GRIL? I want to keep my GRIL tag, and I am afraid they will change it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Awww Anna, look at that face!!!! My Lindsey forbids you to sell her right now!!!

    And besides, you can always sell some outfits, or some of the other stuff you got on ebay.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You know... I didn't even know about the "gril" thing till today (I am kind of newbie to the board and its collective wisdom)
    I will check her out tonight (this is a great excuse to get her of the box and look at her again...)
    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, she is really cute... I wouldn't even dream of selling her. If you like her this much now, you know that you will just keep thinking about her and then later end up paying more on ebay for one that's not brand new, like yours is now.

    Wow, I wish I'd bought her now that I see your pictures of her... [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •